Miami is known for its nightlife. Copious amounts of liquor and beer get consumed on a nightly basis. But beer isn’t just the bitter liquid we hold in our red cups and down without a second thought. There is another side to beer that is more exquisite, more intricate, and ostentatious. Of course, I am talking about the art of craft brewing.
Craft beers are made with passion. It is made with precision and creativity much like how a chef creates the perfect dish. If your one who enjoys their Foie Gras Pate’s, Roasted Lamb Racks, or Lobster Thermidores then elegant craft beers is a no-brainer must-try. And these Miami Breweries are among the best of the best.
Wynwood Brewing Company
565 NW 24 Street Miami, Florida 33127
Wynwood is a neighborhood in Miami and Wynwood Brewing Company is its first-ever craft production brewery. It is home to “Father Francisco” and “Pops Porter” which won the gold medal at the 2014 great American beer festival competition. They offer gluten-free crafts and are available for delivery and takeouts for the covid-19 prone Foodie.
Wynwood’s brews stick close to its roots using local Florida hops and age-old barrel techniques. They house a solid arsenal of original craft beers such as Laces India Pale Ale – a 6.9% ABV (Alcohol by volume) rated beer boasting a mix of Mosaic, Amarillo, and Falconer’s Flight hops infusing the beer with citrus and tropical fruit notes. And the aforementioned Father Francisco’s Belgian Golden Ale – a 9.3% ABV rated beer with notes of cloves and other spices along with fruity esters.
Full Craft Beer Selection:
- LA RUBIA blonde ale – 5% ABV
- LACES India pale ale – 6.9% ABV
- FATHER FRANCISCO german golden ale – 9.3% ABV
- POP’S Porter – 6.2% ABV
- AND WHAT NOT dry-hopped hop lager – 4.5% ABV
- LACED UP Imperial IPA – 10% ABV
- LA NUEVA permium amber lager – 4.5% ABV
- TODA imperial stout – 11.4% ABV
- COMFORTABLY NUMB spiced blonde ale – 5% ABV
- 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY aged imperial stout – 14% ABV
- LOLA BRU aged sour – 9% ABV
- EL BARRIO English style barley wine – 10.5% ABV
They are open Mondays to Wednesday and Sunday from 12 noon to 10 in the evening and Thursday and Friday from 12 noon to 12 midnight.
Veza Sur Brewing
55 NW 25th Street Miami, Florida 33127
Veza Sur is a well-known, Miami-born brewery with Latin-American roots. Boasting an arsenal of craft Lagers and IPAs to Sours, Veza Sur stays true to traditional Cerveza Artesenal (craft beer). The brewmasters here focus on creating flavorful and sessionable beers which are perfect for Miami’s weather.
They offer free brewery tours where you can experience for yourself the level of dedication and artistry they put into their craft creations like the South Coast IPA – a 7.5% ABV rated beer with a brilliant hop aroma and a full-bodied malt backbone. And the Mala Yerba Session IPA – a 5.2% ABV rated beer with a mix of the traditional west coast and Latin American flavors and a light, mildly bitter malty-sweet finish, a perfect gateway beer to the world of craft beers.
Full Craft Beer Selection:
- SPANISH LATIN lager – 4.2% ABV
- MANGOLANDIA mango blonde ale – 4.8% ABV
- MALA YERBA SESSION IPA – 5.2% ABV
- LA YUMA amber lager – 4.4% ABV
- SOUTH COAST IPA – 7.5% ABV
- CHOPP SPANGLISH lager – 4.2 ABV
- CHOPP LA YUMA lager – 4.4 ABV
- LULO sour ale – 4.5% ABV
- TORONJIPA IPA – 7.5% ABV
- MY HOPS DON’T LIE IPA – 9.5% ABV
- CHANCLETA Belgian ale – 9.2% ABV
- PER’LA COFFEE porter – 5.6% ABV
- HORCHATA cream ale – 6% ABV
- GOSE DE VEZA aged gose ale – 7.2% ABV
- LA BOTANICA flemish red ale – 8.1% ABV
- GUAVA SOUR berliner weisse sour ale – 4.5% ABV
- SELVA NEGRA imperial stout – 10.8% ABV
- TIKI TIKI aged coconut porter – 7.8% ABV
- LA CURITA imperial stout – 10.2% ABV
Veza Sur is open every Tuesday to Thursdays and Sundays from 12 noon to midnight and Fridays and Saturdays from 12 noon to 1 in the morning. They offer delivery and takeouts as well so there is no reason not to try a Veza craft right now!
J.Wakefield Brewing Co.
120 NW 24th Street Miami, Florida 33127
John Wakefield was just your normal accountant with a master’s degree and a hobby for brewing beers. And then in 2005, he turned that hobby into mastery with his solo-founded and proprieted company, the J. Wakefield Brewing Company. He was so good with his craft that in a relatively short time, he had won multiple homebrew competitions and gained worldwide recognition according to ratebeer.com and beeradvocate.com. Two of his crafts, the ‘DFPF’ (Dragon Fruit / Passion Fruit) and ‘Miami Madness’ Berliner Weisse are currently ranked number one and two for best Berliner in the world.
J Wakefield Brewing Co. houses an impressive line-up of original craft recipes such as the “All my Beats are Fatal” – A Cabernet Franc Barrel-aged sour red ale brewed with Balaton Cherries and blackberries – and “Hops 4 Teacher” IPA – a citrusy and juicy tropical tasting beer with notes of grapefruit and passionfruit. Beer lover or not, just his awards alone should be enough reason to try this brew master’s crafts.
Core Craft Beer Selection
- 24TH STREET brown ale – 6.8% ABV
- AMBER WAVES red ale – 5.8% ABV
- EL JEFE german hefeweizen – 5% ABV
- HOPS 4 TEACHER IPA – 6.5% ABV
- STUSH sour ale – 6% ABV
J Wakefield Brewing Co. Is open every Monday to Thursday from 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Fridays and Saturdays from 12: 00 pm to 1:00 am, and Sundays from 12:00 pm to 10: 00 pm.
Craft beers are the gourmets of the beer world. Whether you are already an avid beer connoisseur or just enjoy a cold one every now and then, you can’t go wrong with these brew masters’ masterpieces. Cheers!