‘Tis the season to savor the symphony of festive flavors, and nothing epitomizes the spirit of Yuletide feasting quite like the glorious Christmas ham. As the snow blankets the world outside, our kitchens come alive with the warmth of shared laughter, the aroma of spices, and also the promise of a sumptuous holiday spread with these recipes with Christmas ham. Join us on a culinary sleigh ride as we unwrap the magic of Christmas ham, revealing a treasure trove of delectable recipes that will also make your holiday gatherings unforgettable.
In the realm of holiday feasts, the Christmas ham stands as a symbol of tradition, embodying the essence of celebration and also togetherness. From the glazed perfection of its exterior to the succulent layers within, the Christmas ham is also a culinary canvas awaiting the brushstrokes of creativity. In this gastronomic journey, we’ll also explore innovative and mouthwatering ways to elevate this festive centerpiece, ensuring that every bite is a harmonious blend of tradition and innovation.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with our curated collection of the best recipes with Christmas ham into a culinary masterpiece. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, our festive repertoire promises inspiration for every level of expertise. So, tie on your apron, cue the holiday playlist, and let’s embark on a culinary adventure that will leave your loved ones raving and your taste buds dancing with joy. This Christmas, let’s unwrap the magic and make every bite a delicious memory.
Ham and Cheese Quiche
For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Prepare the Crust:
a. In a food processor, combine the flour, cold diced butter, and salt. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
b. Add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, pulsing until the dough just comes together.
c. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, shape it into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
d. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll and Shape the Crust:
a. Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch tart or quiche pan.
b. Press the dough into the pan, trimming any excess. Prick the bottom with a fork.
c. Line the crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans.
d. Blind bake the crust for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove the weights and parchment paper and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Prepare the Filling:
a. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg until well combined.
b. Sprinkle diced ham, shredded Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions evenly over the partially baked crust.
- Assemble and Bake:
a. Pour the egg mixture over the ham and cheese in the crust.
b. Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
c. Allow the quiche to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
This Ham and Cheese Quiche is a delightful blend of creamy, savory, and flaky goodness—a perfect addition to your brunch or dinner table. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups cooked macaroni or your favorite pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the Oven:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Prepare the Pasta and Ham:
Cook the macaroni or your chosen pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside. Dice the cooked ham into bite-sized pieces.
- Create the Cheese Sauce:
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden. Gradually whisk in the milk, ensuring no lumps form. Cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens.
- Add Cheese and Mustard:
Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses to the sauce, stirring until melted and smooth. Stir in the Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine Ingredients:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, diced ham, thawed peas, chopped green onions, and chopped parsley. Pour the cheese sauce over the mixture and gently toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer to Baking Dish:
Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, spreading it evenly.
- Optional Topping:
If you want a crunchy topping, sprinkle breadcrumbs over the casserole.
- Bake to Perfection:
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the casserole is hot and bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
This Ham and Cheese Casserole is a hearty and comforting dish that also perfectly combines the smoky goodness of ham with the creamy richness of a cheese sauce. Enjoy this crowd-pleaser at your next family gathering or weeknight dinner!
Creamy Pasta Delight with Ham, Leeks, and Spinach
- 8 oz (about 225g) of your favorite pasta (penne or fettuccine work well)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 large leek, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: Red pepper flakes for a hint of heat
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
Prepare the Ingredients:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Create the Sauce:
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the diced ham and cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the heavy cream, stirring gently.
- Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, stirring continuously until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy.
Add Spinach and Season:
- Toss in the chopped spinach, allowing it to wilt into the creamy sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste. If you like a bit of heat, add red pepper flakes.
Combine Pasta and Sauce:
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, tossing everything together until the pasta is well coated with the creamy sauce.
- If the sauce seems too thick, you can add some of the reserved pasta water a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Serve your creamy pasta hot, and savor the delightful combination of savory ham, tender leeks, and vibrant spinach. This dish is sure to become a comforting favorite at your dinner table, perfect for both weeknight meals and special occasions. Buon appetito!
Make-Ahead Sandwich Rolls
For the Rolls:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk (around 110°F/43°C)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
For Egg Wash:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or a sprinkle of coarse salt
1. Activate the Yeast:
In a small bowl, combine warm milk and sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the mixture and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, or until it becomes frothy.
2. Prepare the Dough:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the activated yeast mixture, softened butter, and eggs. Mix until a dough forms.
3. Knead the Dough:
Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 8-10 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours, or until it doubles in size.
4. Shape the Rolls:
Punch down the risen dough and divide it into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a round ball and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving some space between each roll.
5. Second Rise:
Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel and let them rise for an additional 30-45 minutes, or until they puff up.
6. Preheat the Oven:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
7. Apply Egg Wash:
In a small bowl, beat the egg with water to create an egg wash. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash, and optionally sprinkle sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or coarse salt on top.
Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
9. Cool and Store:
Allow the rolls to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, you can store them in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 2 days at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.
These make-ahead sandwich rolls are perfect for any occasion, providing a soft and fluffy foundation for your favorite fillings. Enjoy the convenience of having freshly baked rolls on hand whenever the craving for a homemade sandwich strikes!
Bourbon Orange Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully-cooked bone-in ham (8-10 pounds)
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of one orange
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat and Prepare:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan, and using a sharp knife, you can also score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern, making sure not to cut too deep.
2. Glaze Preparation:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the bourbon, orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ground cloves, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, and also orange zest.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the glaze thickens slightly. This should just take about 10-15 minutes.
3. Glaze the Ham:
- Brush a generous amount of the glaze over the entire surface of the ham, also making sure to get it into the scored cuts for maximum flavor.
- Reserve some of the glaze for basting during the cooking process.
- Cover the ham loosely with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F (60°C). Baste with the reserved glaze every 30 minutes.
5. Broil for a Glazed Finish:
- Remove the foil during the last 15-20 minutes of cooking and turn on the broiler to caramelize and further glaze the ham. Keep a close eye to prevent burning.
6. Rest and Garnish:
- Once the ham reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Optionally, you can also garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs for a festive touch.
This Bourbon Orange Glazed Ham is sure to be the star of your holiday table, marrying the rich, smoky notes of bourbon with the bright, citrusy flavors of orange. Cheers to a festive and flavorful celebration!
Now, to wrap it like a spring roll!
As we bid adieu to this gastronomic journey through the best recipes with Christmas ham, let’s not forget that the magic of the holiday season extends far beyond the dining table. The warmth of shared meals, the laughter echoing in the kitchen, and also the joy of creating memories together—all these ingredients form the essence of a truly magical Christmas.
As you embark on your culinary adventures, remember that the secret ingredient in every dish is love. Whether you’re perfecting a classic glazed ham or daring to try new, innovative recipes with Christmas ham, let the spirit of the season guide your hands and infuse your creations with the magic that only this time of year can bring.
May your kitchen be filled with the delicious aroma of roasted ham, the clinking of glasses, and also the echo of joyous laughter. Share these recipes with Christmas ham with friends and family, creating a feast not just for the stomach but for the soul. After all, the best recipes are the ones that bring people together.
As we wrap up this festive feast, let’s savor the flavors of the season and also carry the warmth of these moments into the coming year. Here’s to a Christmas filled with love, laughter, and, of course, the most delectable recipes with Christmas ham that leave a lasting impression on your taste buds and your heart. Cheers to a joyous holiday season and a deliciously happy new year!